Nioh 2 has received a free update, and it has brought new playable content and a photo mode to Team Ninja’s punishing action game. Update 1.09, announced over at PlayStation Blog, will let you capture images of some of the game’s stunning vistas and horrifying enemies.
The camera mode will feature plenty of options for fine-tuning, such as exposure, gradation, and lighting and tint adjustments. There are also numerous filters, letting you pretty up your photos of the game’s various grotesque beasts, as well as options to tilt your photos or display watermarks. You can see it in action in the screenshots below.
Nine new missions have also been added, and they’re divided between sub-missions and one Twilight missions. Here’s the complete list, as well as how far you’ll need to be to unlock them, according to Nioh 2 Wiki:
- The Chinese Bellflower Dagger (Clear Shadow chapter)
- The Child Prodigy’s Invitation (Clear The Golden Nation side-mission)
- Farewell to the Past (Clear Twilight chapter)
- A Strong Bond (Clear Twilight chapter)
- Winds of Ruin (Clear Afterglow chapter)
- The Trustworthy (Clear Afterglow chapter)
- Wave of Terror (Clear Afterglow chapter)
- Calamity’s Pulse (Clear Afterglow chapter)
- Mountain of the Dark Lord (Twilight Mission) (Clear Dawn chapter)
1.09 also adds the Guardian Spirit Mizuchi to the game, although we’re not clear on how they are unlocked yet.
Nioh 2 will expand further later this year with a trio of expansions, the first of which arrives in July. These are unlikely to be free, however. The PS4 exclusive received an 8/10 in GameSpot’s review, and reviewer Mike Epstein wrote that “though it sometimes feels like a curse as you play, it is a testament that Nioh 2 successfully grabs and holds your complete attention so close for so long.”
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.