Halo: The Master Chief Collection‘s recent update, which included the release of Halo 2 Anniversary on PC, caused some issues. To be fair, Microsoft warned players ahead of time that there would be issues with the release, but it was still a jarring experience for those hoping for a smoother rollout.
Thankfully, these issues are finally now going to be patched through a hotfix. The update went live at 8 PM PT on May 21, Microsoft announced in a blog post. The patch passed Microsoft’s certification process earlier in the afternoon on May 21, and now it’s finally out.
This hotfix will specifically address projectile issues with Halo 2, the general stability of Halo 3 matches, and crashes that could occur on the Halo 3 map Valhalla. Those are the big-ticket items, but the patch also fixes a series of other issues as well; you can see the full patch notes and file sizes below.
The projectile issues with Halo 2 specifically were very bizarre. Players were encountering projectiles and grenades that teleported. In some cases, players were able to simply point their weapon at the ground and rack up kills. Thankfully, this issue and others are being fixed.
MCC May 21 Patch Notes
Update File Size
- Xbox Game Pass for PC/Microsoft Store — 7.74 GB
- Steam — 175.9 MB
- Xbox One — 1.96 GB
General Bug Fixes (PC)
- Fix to the Easy Anti-Cheat splash screen on launch
Halo 2 (All Platforms)
- Improved stability when leaving or ending Campaign Missions
- Fixed an issue that caused projectiles and grenades to teleport to players elsewhere on the map
Halo 2: Anniversary (All Platforms)
- Updated Shrine Map Variants for the H2A Team Hardcore playlist
- Flag return time in Big Team Battle CTF set to 15 seconds from 5
Halo 2 (PC)
- Resolved Installation issue for Extended Language Pack voice not being installed
- When playing on a high FOV the LOD textures now render more consistently
- A connection interrupted issue has been resolved when entering the final cutscene on co-op Campaign
- Big Team Three Plots score now accurately requires 600 seconds to win
Halo 2: Anniversary (PC)
- Textures now appear appropriately on “The Oracle” for those with AMD GPUs
- Fixed a memory leak on the pause menu during Campaign
- Forge variant maps now have correct lighting applied
Halo 2: Anniversary (Xbox One)
- Fixed an issue causing the HUD to be off-centered when zooming while playing splitscreen multiplayer
Halo 3 (Xbox One)
- Resolved a Crash when loading into the multiplayer map Valhalla
- Resolved an issue causing Rubber-banding, desynced vehicles, objectives, and objects, missing effects, and overall instability during Halo 3 multiplayer sessions
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.