Alongside launching on Steam, Sega confirmed that the first big content update for Phantasy Star Online 2 will arrive on the same day. The free update, titled Episode 4, will roll out on August 5 for Windows 10 PC and Xbox One. It brings with it a host of additional content, including a new planet, more enemies, an increased level cap, and more. In the meantime, you can check out PSO2’s Steam system requirements below:
Phantasy Star Online 2 Steam System Requirements
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 10 64bit
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 and above
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 7800GT AMD Radeon HD2900XT (or a Graphics Card of the same caliber and above)
- DirectX: Version 9.0
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 80 GB available space
- Additional Notes – Monitor Resolution: 1280 × 720 and above, Disk Drive 80GB and above (NTFS Format)
“It is our goal to bring Phantasy Star Online 2 to as many players as we can,” PSO2 Team North America’s head of marketing, Fred White, said in a press release. “We have heard the requests for a Steam launch, and we are excited to announce that soon Steam users in 36 countries on six continents will be able to experience PSO2 on their platform of choice, including popular features like Steam Achievements and Remote Play. The Steam Store page for PSO2 opens today.”
Sega recently announced a brand-new expansion for Phantasy Star Online 2 that will launch in 2021 on PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. Titled New Genesis, the free DLC will overhaul that current PS02 experience with a new graphics engine, revamped combat, and more. Though New Genesis is a massive update for Phantasy Star Online 2, developer Online R&D and Sega have confirmed that the expansion will coexist with the main game.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.