The latest patch for Rainbow Six Siege, Y5S2.3, has been delayed, right before it was supposed to go live. The patch makes changes to Oryx, Fuze, and Gridlock, and was previously scheduled to go live on all platforms this week.
Ubisoft has not explained why the delay happened, saying in a Twitter update that the delay is due to “unforeseen circumstances.” The company said it will share updated maintenance times in the future.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we have had to delay today’s release of Y5S2.3.
We will share updated maintenance times at a later date. https://t.co/OrSew5Y3r6
— Rainbow Six Siege (@Rainbow6Game) July 28, 2020
Patch Y5S2.3 allows Oryx to dash through softwalls without using all of his dash charges, gives Fuze an additional charge for a total of four, and lowers deployment time for Gridlock’s caltrop. You can read the full patch notes below or on Rainbow Six Siege’s official website.
Y5S2.3 PATCH NOTES
- Some updates to the notifications system to help make future popups less spammy.
If you’ve ever stepped on a Lego…this hurts worse.
By making her gadget a bit more enjoyable to use, we’re looking to make Gridlock players’ lives a bit easier.
- Lowered Gridlock’s Caltrop deployment time to 9s (down from 13s).
- Lowered the individual Caltrops deployment time to 0.45s (down from 0.7s).
- Lowered the range of random deploy variation to 0.05s (down from 0.1s).
- Added a delay of 0.45s before the deployment sequence starts (previously no delay).
The Rainbow 🐐 has goat to dash.
We want to let Oryx make more use of his dash, and added mobility and durability will hopefully make him a bit more fun to play.
- Using his dash through a soft wall will not deplete all the dash charges.
- Increased Dash refresh time to 12s (up from 8s).
- Dash recovery time for all dashes is now 0.5s. (Previous recovery times: soft wall = 1s, enemy = 0.7s).
Hide the hostages!
Giving Fuze a bit more presence and utility with an additional charge.
- Increased the number of cluster charges to 4 (up from 3)
To maintain consistency with softwall interactions, we’re giving enemies that are pushed through walls the same feedback as when Oryx dashes through them.
- When pushed through a wall by Nomad’s airjabs or Oryx’s dash, players will receive the same feedback and rtake the same damage (5 hp) as when Oryx dashes through a soft wall.
- FIXED – Missing anchoring decals from Ace’s SELMA.
- FIXED – Ace’s SELMA can get stuck when thrown in a certain way at some beams, becoming unrecoverable.
- FIXED – While grappling through a window or hatch, Amaru can aim faster with her LMG if she times her sprint and ADS buttons just prior to landing.
- FIXED – IQ’s gadget will not display the outline and distance of Melusi’s Banshees.
- FIXED – Zofia’s concussion grenades are impacted by external explosions and can bounce away from the target location.
- FIXED – Flattening the doorframes and windows on all maps.
- FIXED – Floating and indestructible wooden squares after destroying some walls on Yacht.
- FIXED – Gunshot sounds are muffled when shooting from inside 1F Technical Seating of Plane.
- FIXED – Various menu/UI fixes.
- FIXED – Various cosmetics fixes.
- FIXED – Various Lighting issues on maps.
- FIXED – Various shop visual and cosmetic fixes.
- FIXED – (PvE) Interaction between Ace’s gadget and AI.
The next game in the series, Rainbow Six Quarantine is currently on track to release sometime before the end of March, 2021. The game has been previously delayed after Ghost Recon Breakpoint performed poorly last year.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.