The new season of Apex Legends has launched, and most of the attention is rightly on the new legend Loba. But another character has been given a serious makeover in Season 5, finally making Mirage a more competitive threat and expanding his bag of tricks.
In a message in the official patch notes, Respawn says it hopes the rework gives Mirage more depth and allows players “avenues to get better at Bamboozling people.” That means the trickster legend gets a bunch of adjustments to his decoy, including the ability to control it directly by having it mimic movements. It will also last for 60 seconds, and releasing a new decoy will remove the previous one.
But that’s not all. Mirage will also get a revised Ultimate, Life of the Party, which deploys a team of decoys, all imitating his movements like a flash mob. He also gets some extra utility by turning on cloaking whenever using a respawn beacon or reviving a teammate.
Apex Legends Season 5 naturally comes with a new battle pass and the associated rewards, huge changes to the King’s Canyon map, and a story mode to help flesh out the characters. Meanwhile, Respawn is also making balance changes to factors other than Mirage, like a very significant shotgun swap.
Apex Legends Season 5 Patch Notes – Mirage
Now it’s a party! Your favorite trickster has learned a few new tricks to bamboozle his enemies in this new rework for Season 5.
Designer Note: The hope for this rework is that it gives more depth to Mirage gameplay by giving Mirage players avenues to get better at Bamboozling people.
- Tactical: Psyche Out
- Pressing the character utility action button allows Mirage to gain control of his decoy.
- When controlling the decoy, it will mimic Mirage’s every move.
- Decoys now last for 60 seconds.
- Releasing another decoy will remove the previous decoy.
- Ultimate: Life of the Party
- Mirage deploys a team of decoys that mimic his every move (think “Emergency Dance Party” from DUMMIEs Big Day).
- Cooldown 60 seconds.
- Passive: Now You See Me…
- In addition to cloaking when downed, Mirage also cloaks while using a respawn beacon and reviving a teammate (the teammate is also cloaked).
- Mirage’s “You got Bamboozled” line will now trigger when you bamboozle an enemy, instead of when you release a decoy.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.