Sharing 15 festive holiday cocktail recipes that are perfect for your Christmas dinner or morning brunch.
Hi friends! Hope you’re having a lovely week! I’m swimming through this week’s holiday to-dos: Liv’s class party, wrapping all of the gifts I ordered on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, baking, planning, etc. It’s the storm before the storm and while there’s a lot going on, I’m loving it. While I feel like Christmas is speeding towards us – why does this year feel like it’s flying by at warp speed? – there’s a lot to look forward to. I’m excited for Christmas Eve at my dad’s house and then Christmas day breakfast at our house. It’s the best to curl up with a mimosa and a cinnamon roll and watch the kids and cousins open their gifts before our day-long Christmas Story marathon.
For today’s post, I wanted to share some holiday cocktail recipes if you’re planning your menu for next week! I feel like as far as holiday food goes, really anything goes. There are so many unique themes and family traditions. (Christmas Eve is always tamales and enchiladas at my dad’s, and Christmas day, we have all of the classic brunch food, like this casserole.) It’s always fun to offer the standard wine and beer, but also provide a signature cocktail. Sometimes I’ll switch it up, but we always have eggnog and mulled wine.
Here are some cocktail ideas if you’re looking for a festive beverage idea!
15 Festive Holiday Cocktails:
1) This holiday spice sangria. This is one of my go-tos. It takes a bit of prep the night before but tastes like Christmas magic. 🙂
2) Mulled wine. I love that you can have this one in the slow cooker with mugs next to it, ready to go.
3) My favorite easy sparkling rose cocktail. This is a super simple cocktail recipe and one of my very favorites.
4) Vegan eggnog (just add a lil brandy).
5) Pomegranate champagne martini. I haven’t tried this one yet, but the colors are beautiful!
6) Almond Joy martini. Putting this one on the menu this year!
7) Kombucha cocktails. For all of my kombucha-loving health fanatics out there. Try the lavender one first!
8) Rosemary Vodka Collins. Love that this one has rosemary for an earthy and unique twist.
9) Mulled Apple Cider Cocktail. This is similar to the the holiday spice sangria we enjoy, but I think it would be amazing with apple cider.
10) Apple Pear Ginger Saketinis. This is one of my beloved cocktail recipes. SO fresh and good. You need a juicer for this one!
11) Old Fashioned with Apple Cinnamon Infused Whiskey. The Pilot LOOOVES Old Fashioneds, so I’m sure he’ll enjoy this one.
12) Yuletide Moon Red Holiday Cocktail. This cocktail is a gorgeous red color and includes merlot, bourbon, cherry, and simple syrup.
13) Gingerbread White Russian. Awesome festive twist on the classic White Russian.
14) Classic Hot Toddy recipe. It’s hard to believe that I had my first hot toddy at the Del a year ago. It was surprisingly amazing.. like a warm hug 😉
15) Spiked Hot Cocoa.
Tell me, friends: what’s your favorite holiday cocktail? Any beloved recipes to share? Feel free to link it up in the comments section!